Big Sky MLS #: 999843
The Fox Hills Ranch is a combination of prairie pasture, dryland hayfields, coulees, and hills. With over two miles of seasonal creeks, a large reservoir, a livestock well, two springs that flow year-round, and several more springs that could be developed, this property is well watered.
Buildings consist of 2 barns, one with power and a well. The ranch is fenced and cross fenced for easy pasture rotation. Hay land consists of approximately 330 acres of dryland hay and old CRP. Three phase power to the property, cell phone service is good, and fiber optic cable is within a half-mile. Easily accessible with County Road access.
– Hunting: Deer, Antelope, Hungarian Partridge, Pheasant, Goose, Ducks and the occasional 6-point Bull Elk!
– Little Belt Mountains just minutes up the road offer more hunting, camping and ATV riding on thousands of acres of National Forest Land.
– Crazy Mountains to the South, and Snowy Mountains to the East.
– The Musselshell River and nearby Yellowstone River and Boulder River provide excellent fishing.
– Only 8 miles, to the nice small town of Harlowton, with a good grocery store, hospital, sheriff, schools, 2 gas stations, museums, and restaurants.
– Several cities within easy driving distance
– Billings MT: ~90 miles, population 100,000+, 2 major hospitals, commercial airport
– Big Timber: ~55 miles, population 1600+, restaurants, motels, recreation
– Lewistown MT: ~60 miles, population 6000+, hospital, small airport
– Bozeman MT: ~100 miles, population 50,000+, hospital, MSU, major airport, skiing
– Organic Farm possibilities, the ranch has not had any chemicals applied in 30+ years
– Farm ground and pasture is rested and fertile, 3+ sections of easily tillable ground
– One well, two springs, and one large reservoir provide ample water for this ranch
– Three Phase power to property
– Good cell phone service
– Fiber optic cable within half-mile